Griffin Car Accident Lawyer
Were you recently injured in a car accident in Griffin, GA? Contact The King Firm for immediate legal assistance. You may be entitled to compensation for your loss of income, medical expenses, and mental anguish. Our Griffin car accident lawyers are ready to help you fight for maximum compensation.
At The King Firm, we put more than 16 years of litigation experience to work for our clients every single day. Our car accident attorneys fight tirelessly for crash victims and their families, and our results speak for themselves. Our accomplished litigators have won tens of millions in settlements and verdicts.
How The King Firm Can Help After Your Car Accident in Griffin, GA
What caused your car accident? Who is at fault? What happens if you share some responsibility or are getting blamed by other parties? What is your motor vehicle accident case worth?
Insurance companies are hoping you’ll try to answer these questions on your own. But the best thing you can do is hire our Griffin personal injury attorneys to represent you and get the answers you need.
We are tried and true professional trial attorneys with a reputation for winning in the courtroom. That’s the last thing car insurance companies want to go up against after a crash.
While you have the opportunity to focus on getting better, our award-winning Griffin car accident lawyers will handle every aspect of your personal injury case:
- Investigate the crash to determine why it happened and who’s at fault
- Gather evidence, including medical records, accident report, photographs, video footage, vehicle maintenance records, witness statements, and more
- Consult with experts, including accident reconstructionists, forensic specialists, medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and more
- Negotiate with other parties on your behalf
- Defend you against claims that you are at fault or share blame for your wreck
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case. There’s no risk in asking for our help. To get started with a free case evaluation, simply call us and speak with a member of our compassionate legal team today.
Are Car Accidents Common in Griffin, GA
According to the Georgia Electronic Accident Reporting System (GEARS), there were 998 traffic accidents reported in Griffin, GA, in 2021.
This reflected a slight drop from the year prior, when the Griffin Police Department responded to 1,008 reports of car accidents in the Griffin.
Why Do Car Accidents in Griffin Happen?
Drivers have to be of a certain age and demonstrate an ability to drive safely before they can get a Georgia driver’s license. Everyone on the road shares a responsibility to drive safely and follow state and local traffic laws. Roads and vehicles have to be maintained in reasonably safe conditions.
Despite all of this, car accidents are still incredibly common in Griffin.
Why? It’s typically because someone is negligent.
Negligence occurs when someone has a duty to act with reasonable care but fails to and, as a result, causes someone else to get hurt.
Some prime examples of negligence that causes car accidents in Griffin, GA, include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Hit & Run Accident
- Rushing through an intersection to beat a red or yellow light
- Unsafe turns
- Illegal passing
- Road rage
- Fatigued driving
- Road defects
Other common contributing factors include bad weather, vehicle defects, vehicle malfunction, and limited visibility.
It’s critical to identify every possible cause of your car accident. Once the causes of the collision are established, we can begin to pursue compensation from anyone who shares responsibility.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Griffin?
Most Griffin car accident lawyers work on contingency. This means they don’t charge fees for their services unless they recover a settlement or verdict first. This fee arrangement helps accident victims to afford legal representation at a time when they are financially vulnerable due to medical bills and other expenses related to their injuries.
If your attorney is successful in recovering compensation for you, they will take a percentage of your settlement or verdict as payment for their services. This percentage will be agreed upon in advance and range from 33% to 40%. Injury lawyers also offer a no-fee initial consultation. Therefore, there is minimal risk to hiring a lawyer after your car accident.
What’s My Car Accident Injury Case Worth?
There are many factors that will play a role in determining what your car accident case is worth after a crash in Griffin.
Consider these things:
- What types of injuries did you suffer, and how serious are they?
- Are you still able to work, and will your earning capacity be affected?
- What will your out-of-pocket costs look like?
- How have you been affected psychologically or emotionally by being in a crash?
- Do you share any responsibility or fault for the wreck?
- Did the accident aggravate any pre-existing medical conditions or illnesses?
- Did you take the necessary steps to mitigate your injuries?
- How old were you when you got hurt?
According to the National Safety Council, the more serious an injury, the more a related car accident claim tends to be worth.
In 2020, the average comprehensive cost for an accident causing an evident injury was $345,000. The average comprehensive cost of a disabling injury crash, on the other hand, exceeded $1.25 Million.
Every case is different. It’s important to speak directly with an experienced Griffin personal injury attorney about the details of your situation.
Call The King Firm to discover how much money you might be able to get after your wreck in Griffin. We offer a case review at no cost and are available to take your call right now and offer the best service.
What Damages Are Available to Crash Victims?
Both economic and non-economic damages are typically available to car accident injury victims in Georgia.
Economic damages are awarded to offset the financial costs and losses associated with a crash.
- Present medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Lost wages, income, and benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses if a car accident is fatal
Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate for the pain and suffering you may experience after a collision.
- Mental anguish
- Chronic physical pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
In situations where a defendant acts intentionally or displays a conscious disregard for your safety, punitive damages might also be available. However, these are typically reserved for the most serious situations, such as those involving severely intoxicated drivers or acts of extreme road rage.
How Can Your Griffin, GA Car Accident Lawyer Prove Negligence
There are many ways your car accident attorney can prove negligence. First, they will conduct an independent professional investigation to gather evidence of the other party’s fault.
Specifically, they may use:
- Police/accident reports
- Citations related to the incident
- Dash-cam or video footage of the accident
- Photographs of the scene
- Medical bills
- Witness testimony about the accident
For complicated cases, your attorney may consult expert witnesses. They may enlist the help of accident reconstruction experts to determine how the crash occurred. They may consult medical experts to show how the crash caused your injuries.
Contact our Griffin personal injury attorneys to learn how we can help you prove negligence in the best way possible.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I Share Fault For a Car Accident in Georgia?
You can still get damages for your injuries after a car accident as long as you’re not mostly to blame for the wreck.
Georgia operates under a modified comparative fault system with a 50% bar to recovery. Your damages will be reduced in direct proportion to your share of the blame. However, once you are assigned half of the blame or more, you were right to compensation disappears.
Let’s say you’re assigned 25% fault for an auto accident in Griffin. Your case is valued at $100,000. When you take your shared responsibility into account, you’ll be able to walk away with it at best $75,000. If you were assigned 50% of the blame, you lose the right to compensation entirely.
Insurance companies and other parties will probably try to blame you. After all, under the law, they can escape financial responsibility if they push most of the blame on you.
Our lawyers serving Griffin will be ready to defend you every step of the way and fight to ensure that assignments of fault are based on facts and evidence. We’ll fight to discount unjustified allegations and minimize any fault that is assigned to you. The less fault you share, the more money you can potentially get for your car accident injuries.
Do You Have to Go to Court for a Griffin Car Accident Claim?
It depends. Most injury claims settle during the claims process. You will submit your claim to the insurer and then negotiate for a fair settlement amount to cover your damages. However, the insurer may deny your claim or refuse to settle for a fair value. In that case, you may need to file a lawsuit.
Even if you file a lawsuit, there’s still a chance your case could settle pre-trial. Most cases do. You will only need to go to court if you can’t settle with the insurer.
Car Accidents in Griffin Can Leave Victims Struggling With Catastrophic Injuries
Do not hesitate to contact our law office in Griffin, GA if you’ve been in a car accident and suffered:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Neck and back injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Burn injury
- Trauma to the eyes and face
- Injuries to fingers, hands, or arms
- Injuries to the legs, feet, or knees
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Head-On Accidents
- Other catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Get to the doctor immediately after your car crash in Griffin. Prompt medical attention will help to keep you safe and provide support for any future claims you decide to pursue.
What to Expect from Insurance Companies After a Car Accident
Insurance companies are businesses. They have shareholders; they care about their profits. This puts them at odds with you when you submit your injury claim. They lose money when they have to pay out claims. Therefore, you should expect them to make it challenging for you to recover compensation in your injury claim.
Here are a couple of things you should watch for from the insurer:
- They may try to get you to sign a quick settlement. Insurers are infamous for offering quick settlements and trying to get injury victims to sign a quick release — before the victim has a chance to talk to an attorney. They do this in hopes that you will settle your claim for less than its worth.
- They may try to get you to sign a medical records release. Insurers ask you to sign a waiver giving them access to your medical information. They will then go on a fishing expedition to try to find pre-existing injuries. If they find any, they may try to use this evidence to say the car accident didn’t cause your injuries.
- They may try to blame you for the accident. You should expect insurers to blame you for your car accident. Why? Georgia law allows them to reduce your damages if they can show you are partly at-fault for your accident. If they can indicate that you were 50% at-fault, they don’t have to pay anything.
The truth is, you never know exactly what to look forward to from the insurance company. But you can best protect your interests by hiring an experienced Griffin car accident attorney.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Car Wreck in Griffin, GA?
You will have up to two years to file a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death action after a car accident in Georgia.
You may have more or less time to act, depending on the specific circumstances of your case.
For instants, cases involving minors are typically subject to a longer timeframe. On the other hand, cases involving the government are subject to accelerated timetables.
Don’t lose your right to compensation because of a procedural technicality. Call us for help as soon as you can after your crash.
Schedule a Free Initial Case Evaluation With a Griffin Car Accident Attorney
Did you recently get hurt in a car accident in Griffin, GA? Contact The King Firm for help getting the compensation you deserve. Our Griffin car accident lawyers will work tirelessly to secure money for your medical bills, loss of income, and suffering.
Benefit from our years of experience, reputation as successful trial attorneys, and demonstrated ability to win for our clients. Contact our law office in Griffin to schedule your free consultation now. Our team is standing by 24 hours a day to take your call.
Recent Blog Posts
- Delayed Concussion Symptoms
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Griffin?
- Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Minor Car Accident?
- What Is CTE?
Car Accident Resources
Griffin, GA Auto Repair Shops
- Nicolas Auto Repair & Body Shop – 296 Wilson Rd, Griffin, GA 30223
- A1 Automotive Repair – 1246 W Taylor St, Griffin, GA 30223
- Complete Automotive Repair Service – 610 W Taylor St, Griffin, GA 30223
- Brickyard Automotive Repair & Service, Griffin. – 536 N Expy, Griffin, GA 30223
- 5 Star Tire & Auto – 1403A N Expy, Griffin, GA 30223
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. And the information contained on the website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.