Griffin Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Did you recently suffer a catastrophic injury in an accident in Griffin, GA? If so, it is important to seek immediate legal assistance. You may have the right to recover compensation for your medical expenses, disability, disfigurement, and other damages. The Griffin catastrophic injury lawyers at The King Firm can help you fight to recover all of the compensation you deserve, call us at (404) 567-4546.
Our top-rated trial attorneys put 16+ years of experience behind every client and behind every case. We are well known for our eagerness to take matters to trial, which puts insurance companies on edge. The last thing they want to do is go to court when hundreds of thousands of dollars or more are at stake.
Table of Contents
How The King Firm Can Help If You’ve Sustained a Catastrophic Injury in Griffin, GA
Why did your accident happen? Who is to blame? Who can be held financially accountable for your catastrophic injuries? What happens when someone tries to point fingers and blame you?
Insurance companies and those responsible for you were suffering want you to try to answer these questions on your own. The best thing you can do is level the playing field by putting a Griffin personal injury lawyer in your corner.
Our law firm understands how much is riding on your personal injury claim for damages. We also know that the last thing insurance companies want to do is go to court. We’ll prepare your case as if it’s going straight to a jury. This can pressure insurance companies to negotiate fairly and extend you a reasonable settlement offer that covers all of your injuries and suffering.
While you take the time you need to focus on your recovery, our accomplished trial attorneys will handle every aspect of your catastrophic injury claim:
- Investigate your accident to determine why it happened and who’s at fault
- Gather evidence to establish that your life-changing injuries are, in fact, the result of another’s negligence
- Consult with respected experts and specialists as we build and value your claim for damages
- Defend you against allegations that you share responsibility for getting hurt
- Seek compensation from all liable parties
- Help you make difficult decisions, like whether to settle or push forward to trial to possibly get a better result
We will enter negotiations armed with the best possible arguments, facts, and evidence to get you the results you deserve. But if insurance companies and other parties don’t cooperate, our top-rated litigator will be fully prepared to bring your case to a jury in Spalding County.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury refers to trauma that is sudden and fundamentally disrupts your ability to live your life. The consequences are swift and long-lasting. Your ability to participate in your life as you had before you got hurt is changed forever.
Some common long-term consequences of catastrophic injuries can include:
- Paralysis, including complete and incomplete loss of motor function
- Loss of limbs or other body parts
- Loss of cognitive function or reasoning
- Chronic physical pain
While any injury could potentially have catastrophic consequences, a term usually refers to a few different types of trauma.
At The King Firm, we represent clients who have sustained catastrophic injuries that include:
- Severe traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Burn injury
- Broken bones and fractures
- Nerve damage
It is essential to seek medical treatment right away if you believe that you have been catastrophically injured in an accident in Griffin, GA. Getting to the doctor immediately will help to ensure that the extent and impact of your injuries are contained and limited as best as possible.
While also limiting the chances of complications, your visit will help to establish an important piece of evidence. Your time-stamped medical record will help to pinpoint a causal link between your tragic accident and catastrophic injury. You’ll need this as proof if you want to recover compensation from those responsible.
What Types of Accidents Can Cause a Catastrophic Injury?
Any type of traumatic accident or event can potentially cause a catastrophic injury, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Incidents involving defective products
Contact our experienced Griffin personal injury attorneys for assistance after your tragic accident. We will help you understand what legal options may be available to you and work toward a meaningful financial recovery.
What Is My Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
Cases involving catastrophic injuries can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.
Important things to consider include:
- The type of catastrophic injury you’ve sustained
- Whether you’ll be able to cover in any way
- How your ability to work and earn an income has changed since your accident
- Whether you require assistance performing daily tasks, such as bathing, eating, or driving
- Whether you need around-the-clock nursing care
- The emotional toll your traumatic accident and resulting catastrophic injury have caused
- Your age at the time you were catastrophically injured
- Whether you took steps to mitigate your life-changing injury
- The degree to which you may share responsibility for getting hurt
The more of an impact your catastrophic injury has had on your life, the more your personal injury claim will likely be worth. Every situation is unique and must be handled by an experienced catastrophic injury attorney if you want to get the money you deserve.
Please contact our law office for immediate legal assistance. The sooner we can look into the circumstances surrounding your accident and catastrophic injury, the better prepared we will be to help you recover maximum compensation.
What Damages Are Available to Catastrophic Injury Victims?
Our experienced legal team will aggressively pursue damages for:
- hospitalization, surgical procedures, medication, prescription and OTC medication, and other present medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- The cost of modifications to your home and or vehicle to accommodate a disability
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages, income, and benefits
- Nursing care and assistance
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our team may also be able to seek punitive damages on your behalf if there is clear and convincing evidence that the defendant acted intentionally or displayed a conscious disregard for your safety. These types of awards, however, are only awarded in the most serious of situations. Think drunk drivers or intentional acts of violence.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I’m Getting Blamed For My Catastrophic Injury?
Yes, as long as you share less than 50% of the blame for your accident. Georgia has a modified comparative fault law on the books with a 50% bar to recovery.
Damages are reduced in direct proportion to your degree of fault, up to 49%. Your right to recover compensation disappears once you share half of the blame or more.
This could mean getting $800,000 for a catastrophic injury case value at $1 million if you are assigned 20% liability for a motor vehicle accident in Griffin.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit If I’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in a Georgia Accident?
You will have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you’ve recently suffered a catastrophic injury in Griffin, Georgia. Once the statute of limitations expires, the right to file a lawsuit is forfeited.
Don’t wait too long to take action. It’s not just about getting your claim filed on time. Important pieces of evidence can disappear or fade over time. Witness memories can become distorted and less reliable, as well.
The sooner our personal injury law firm can begin working on your catastrophic injury claim, the better the chances of getting you all of the money you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Griffin Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Don’t let those responsible for your catastrophic injury walk away without consequence. Put yourself in the very best position to hold them accountable and get the compensation you need and deserve. Contact the experienced Griffin catastrophic injury lawyers at The King Firm today.
We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis. This means there’s no cost to hire our law firm unless we were in your case. No win, no fee. No excuses.
Give us a call to Get started. Our team is standing by to take your call around the clock.