Griffin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Have you recently suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in Griffin, GA? If you were hurt through little to no fault of your own, you might be entitled to compensation for your medical bills and suffering. The experienced Griffin motorcycle accident lawyers at The King Firm can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
We are fierce and passionate advocates for injury victims and families throughout South Georgia. Our attorneys are tried and true litigators with dozens of jury trials under their belts. Our track record speaks for itself. We’ve helped our clients recover tens of millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts.
Demand accountability for your motorcycle accident injuries. Turn to our award-winning legal team for the help you need. Contact our Griffin, Georgia, law office to arrange a free consultation and learn more today.
Table of Contents
How Our Griffin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Crash
Whoever caused your motorcycle accident won’t be quick to accept responsibility. Insurance companies will hope that you try to handle the claims process yourself rather than hiring an attorney. Why? They know that they are more likely to get the better end of the deal if you take care of it by yourself.
Hiring a Griffin personal injury attorney doesn’t just level the playing field; it gives you the advantage you need to get the results you deserve.
While you have the ability to focus on getting better, our top-rated litigators will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your motorcycle collision
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, including Police reports, medical records, vehicle maintenance records, witness statements, videos in photographs, and physical evidence from the scene
- Bring in motorcycle accident experts and specialists to help us as we build and value your personal injury claim for damages
- Seek compensation from all at-fault parties
- Defend you against claims that you were at fault or share some responsibility for the wreck
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Bring your case to a jury in Spalding County if you aren’t offered a fair settlement deal
Our award-winning personal injury attorneys in Griffin work on a contingency basis. What this means is that you pay absolutely nothing to get us in your corner. You only pay for our legal representation if we win your case. No win, no fee. End of story.
Contact our law office location in Griffin to learn more. Your first consultation is 100% free, and our team is standing by to take your call right now.
Georgia Motorcycle Accident Statistics
There are hundreds of motorcycle accidents reported across the state of Georgia every year. Unfortunately, many of these crashes are fatal.
According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services, there were 179 fatal motorcycle accidents reported in 2020.
This represented a sharp rise from years prior. In 2017, there were just 139 reported motorcycle accident fatalities in Georgia. This reflects about a 29% increase in just a few short years.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents in Griffin?
The truth is that most motorcycle accidents in Griffin can be avoided.
Motorcyclists have to demonstrate knowledge of Georgia motorcycle laws and proficiency on a bike before they can get a motorcycle license. All motorists on the road share a responsibility to obey traffic laws and drive carefully. Vehicles have to be maintained in a reasonably safe condition. The City of Griffin also has a responsibility to make sure the roads are safe.
When car accidents do involve motorcycles, it’s usually because of negligence.
Negligence essentially means that someone had a responsibility to act with care but didn’t. As a result, someone else got hurt.
Some examples of negligence that commonly cause motorcycle accidents in Griffin include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Improper passing and lane splitting
- Unsafe turns
- Riding in a car or motorcycle’s blind spot
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to obey traffic lights and signals at intersections
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
Some other common contributing factors in Griffin motorcycle crashes include road defects, vehicle defects, bad weather, limited visibility, and road rage.
Motorcycle Accidents Can Leave Riders With Severe, Life-Threatening Injuries
As a motorcycle rider, you are more susceptible to severe and catastrophic injuries than occupants of passenger vehicles. While it is mandatory to wear a motorcycle helmet in Georgia, a helmet can only offer so much protection. The chances of sustaining a severe traumatic brain injury or dying in a crash are much less, but you’re still vulnerable to other serious injuries.
The King Firm represents all injured motorcyclists in Griffin and across South Georgia.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us for help if you’ve been in a motorcycle wreck and sustained:
- Road rash or burns
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs or traumatic amputation
- Chest injury
- Lacerations and bruising
- Soft tissue damage
- Neck or back injury
- Trauma to the hands, arms, or fingers
- Injuries to the feet, legs, or knees
- Wrongful death of a family member
Get to the hospital or seek medical treatment as soon as you can after you are hurt in a motorcycle crash. The sooner you get care, the better your chances of a full recovery.
Additionally, your visit will generate an important piece of evidence if you decide to file a motorcycle injury claim in the future. Your medical record will help to show a causal link between the crash and your injuries, which will be essential if you want to recover compensation.
What’s My Motorcycle Injury Case Worth?
Every motorcycle accident is different. So is every injured rider. So, it makes sense that the value of every case will vary.
There are, however, several factors that will be relevant when it comes to figuring out how much money you might be able to get after your Griffin motorcycle accident.
- What types of injuries did you suffer? How serious are they?
- Are you still able to work?
- Will your accident cause a disability or permanent impairment?
- What are your out-of-pocket costs?
- Do you share responsibility for the motorcycle wreck?
- Did you take the necessary steps to mitigate your injuries?
- How old were you when you were in the motorcycle crash?
- Has the accident aggravated any of your pre-existing medical conditions?
- How have you been affected by the trauma of being in a motorcycle accident?
Generally speaking, the more serious your injuries are, the more your case will be worth.
The only way to know what your case is worth is by speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney in Griffin. Contact The King Firm to arrange a time for your free case evaluation today.
What Happens If I’m Getting Blamed For My Motorcycle Wreck?
Georgia has a modified comparative fault system with a 50% bar to recovery. This means that you can recover compensation as long as you’re not more than 49% responsible for your motorcycle accident.
While sharing less than half of the blame won’t bar you from a financial recovery, it will affect how much money you can get. Your damages will be reduced in direct proportion to your degree of blame.
This could mean getting $80,000 for a motorcycle accident claim valued at $100,000 if you are 20% at fault.
What Damages Can Injured Motorcyclists Get?
This can include money for:
- Present medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery, medication, and necessary care
- Future medical bills, including follow-up care, medical devices and equipment, and more
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing care and assistance
- Chronic physical pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Lost wages and income
- Funeral and burial expenses if a Griffin motorcycle accident is fatal
Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Griffin will aggressively pursue compensation for all of your injuries and suffering.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Motorcycle Collision in Georgia?
The State of Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. After your motorcycle crash, this means you’ll have up to two years to take legal action.
Do not let too much time go by. If you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you will forfeit the right to demand compensation from those responsible.
Protect your rights and financial award. Get in touch with our exceptional legal team as soon as you can after your motorcycle wreck.
Schedule a Free Case Assessment With an Experienced Griffin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
You deserve compensation if you’ve been injured while riding a motorcycle in Griffin, GA. Don’t let those responsible walk away without consequence. Trust that The King Firm will help you fight to get every cent you deserve.
Contact our Griffin motorcycle accident lawyers to arrange a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. We’ll listen to your side of the story, explain your legal options, and help you figure out the best course of action moving forward. Our law firm is available to take your call now.