Head-On Accidents in Griffin, GA
The Insurance Information Institute reports that 3,631 fatal head-on collisions occurred in 2020, representing more than 10% of fatal accidents that year. These car accidents often lead to fatal or catastrophic injuries due to specific factors involved.
If you were hurt in a head-on accident in Griffin, Georgia, The King Firm can explain your legal rights and options during a free consultation. Call our law office at (404) 567-4546 to speak to an experienced Griffin car accident lawyer.
Table of Contents
How Our Griffin Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Head-On Collision
Our founding attorney, J.L. King II, began his illustrious legal career working with a premier insurance defense firm. After seeing how personal injuries negatively affect accident victims, he made a change to become an advocate for these victims.
His time as an insurance defense lawyer has given him unique insight into how insurance companies operate. He uses this knowledge to obtain life-changing results for his clients. He is one of the most experienced civil trial lawyers in South Georgia, often representing clients in jury trials. When he is on the case, insurance companies know that it is being taken seriously.
When you hire our Griffin personal injury lawyers, you get our entire award-winning team on your side to help with:
- Leading an investigation into the circumstances surrounding your head-on accident
- Gathering evidence to help establish liability and strengthen your claim for maximum compensation
- Working closely with experts when necessary to further establish liability and your demand for damages
- Advising you of your legal rights and options at each critical stage in your case
- Negotiating for maximum compensation for your claim
We welcome you to contact our Griffin, GA law firm to learn more about how we can help with your car accident claim.
What Are the Dangers of Head-On Accidents?
Head-on collisions occur when the front of one vehicle collides with the front of another vehicle when they are traveling in opposite directions. Head-on accidents are particularly dangerous because the force involved in the collision is much greater than in other types of accidents.
While head-on accidents make up a relatively small percentage of accidents each year, they are more likely to result in fatalities. When not fatal, they often result in catastrophic injuries.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions in Griffin, GA
Head-on collisions can occur due to a variety of factors.
Common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Wrong-way driving – Head-on collisions often occur when a driver travels the wrong way down a one-way street, exit ramp, or highway entrance and collides with a driver traveling in the correct direction.
- Impairment – Drug or alcohol impairment can cause a driver to fall asleep, have blurred vision, or have problems with judgment, which may result in head-on collisions.
- Speeding – Drivers are more likely to lose control of their vehicle when they are speeding.
- Distractions – Distracted drivers may drift into a lane that is traveling in the opposite direction and collide head-on with another driver.
- Drowsy driving – Tired drivers can fall asleep behind the wheel and drift into the lane of oncoming traffic.
- Illegal passing – Drivers might pass another vehicle when it is unsafe to do so.
Other factors can cause head-on crashes. Regardless of how your car accident happened, our Griffin personal injury attorneys are here to help.
Common Injuries Caused By Head-On Collisions
The greater force involved in head-on collisions often causes injuries to be much more severe than those in other types of car accidents. A violent collision can cause vehicle occupants to be thrown into hard surfaces in the vehicle. Airbags are often deployed, which can help minimize injuries but can also cause their own injuries.
Common injuries that head-on accident victims may face include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Punctured lungs
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Disfiguring injuries, scarring, and burns
- Fractures to the pelvis, legs, arms, feet, hands, or other body parts
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash
Head-on collision victims often face a long recovery period and significant medical expenses.
Proving Liability in Head-On Collisions in Griffin, Georgia
Before you can recover compensation for a head-on collision, you must prove that the other party is at fault for the accident.
A Griffin car accident lawyer can gather strong evidence to help prove your claim, such as:
- Pictures or videos of the accident
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Accident report
- Reconstruction expert reports
Strong evidence can help you establish your right to compensation.
What Compensation Is Available in Head-On Accident Claims in Georgia?
- Costs to repair or replace their damaged personal property
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost income and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Contact The King Firm today to learn what your claim might be worth.
Contact Our Griffin Car Accident Attorneys for Help With Your Head-On Collision Claim
If you were injured in a head-on accident, The King Firm is here to help. We will thoroughly investigate your case and work hard to prove that the other driver was at fault. Call our Griffin car accident lawyers for your free case consultation.