Tifton Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Did you or a loved one sustain a catastrophic injury in an accident in Tifton, GA? These injuries can have life-altering consequences. An experienced Tifton catastrophic injury lawyer at The King Firm can help you fight to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. Contact us today at (229) 386-1376.
Over the years, our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for accident victims across South Georgia. We’ve earned a proven track record of success you can trust.
You might be entitled to significant compensation if you were severely injured. Call our law offices in Tifton, Georgia to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Table of Contents
How The King Firm Can Help With a Catastrophic Injury Claim in Tifton, GA
When your injuries are severe, working with an experienced lawyer becomes that much more important. Catastrophic injuries impact your life in dramatic ways. Insurance companies know that your case has a high value – and they’ll invest significant resources so they can pay less than you deserve.
Our aggressive Tifton personal injury lawyers are here to fight for you. Our team includes some of the most experienced civil trial lawyers in South Georgia. For our success, we’ve been recognized by Super Lawyers year after year. We’d be proud to stand up for your rights.
Hiring us means you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your injury
- Locate every responsible party
- Calculate the value of your case
- Defend you when the insurance company tries to blame you for getting hurt
- Handle all paperwork, insurance communications, and negotiations
- Fight for you in court if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement
Our number one goal is to get you the maximum compensation you deserve. Our Tifton personal injury attorneys know that every day can be a struggle, and we’re here to help in any way we can.
We’re ready to start fighting when you are. All you have to do is call to learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship today.
Overview of Catastrophic Injury Claims
Catastrophic injuries are the most severe injuries a person can sustain.
“Catastrophic injury” isn’t a specific legal term. Victims don’t have to satisfy any specific criteria to prove that their injuries were catastrophic. However, catastrophic injuries generally leave the victim suffering from long-term or permanent damage.
Factors that can make an injury “catastrophic” include:
- The inability to return to any type of gainful employment
- A need for round-the-clock care
- A permanent disability or impairment
- Permanent damage to the victim’s quality of life
Some victims of catastrophic injuries never recover fully. Others may recover to an extent but will continue to suffer from a permanent disability.
Types of Catastrophic Injury
Many different types of injury can be classified as “catastrophic”.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Moderate to severe brain injuries
- Significant spinal cord damage
- Paralysis, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Severe burn injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Hearing loss
- Severe nerve damage
- Chest injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Stroke that results in significant damage
Of course, these injuries share one important common factor. They’re the types of injuries that are most likely to result in a permanent disability or life-threatening condition.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of Catastrophic Injuries?
A catastrophic injury can change your life forever. The most severe injuries can impact every aspect of your life.
Some examples of the long-term consequences of a catastrophic injury include:
- Lifestyle changes, including an inability to participate in activities and hobbies you previously enjoyed
- Loss of your ability to work and earn a living
- Inability to perform basic activities of daily living without assistance
- The need for long-term care in an assisted living facility
- Loss of mobility
- Chronic pain
- Permanent reliance on prosthetics or a wheelchair
- Cognitive disabilities
- Serious mental health disorders, including depression, anxiety and PTSD
- Damage to personal relationships
- Loss of sexual function
- Loss of your ability to play an active role in your child’s upbringing
Most victims of catastrophic injuries also suffer financial hardships. While you can’t work, you may also be struggling with the overwhelming cost of medical care, rehabilitation, and long-term care.
At The King Firm, our Tifton catastrophic injury attorneys can help you hold the responsible party accountable. If you were hurt due to someone else’s negligence, we’ll do everything possible to recover the maximum compensation you deserve. All you have to do is call our law firm to schedule a free case review today.
What Causes Most Catastrophic Injuries?
Any type of severe accident can cause devastating injuries. In the blink of an eye, something as common as a motor vehicle accident can leave you struggling with catastrophic injuries.
At The King Firm, we handle all types of catastrophic injury cases in Tifton, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boating accidents
- Sports accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Criminal acts
- Negligent security and premises liability
We know that your family may be struggling right now. We want to make it easy for you to get the legal advice you deserve. If you can’t visit our office, we’d be happy to schedule a visit to your home or the hospital if you prefer.
What is My Tifton Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
Catastrophic injury claims are particularly difficult to value. It can take months for the victim to reach maximum medical improvement. It’s important to speak with an experienced lawyer before you accept any settlement.
Your insurance settlement should account for all past and future costs associated with the injury. Early in the process, it can be difficult to anticipate your future needs. Our lawyers will work closely with your doctors and other specialists to calculate the fair value of your claim.
Generally, the value of your personal injury case will depend on:
- The cost of your past medical treatment
- Your anticipated future need for medical care, rehabilitation, and long-term care
- Any home or vehicle modifications that will be necessary
- Your lost earning capacity, taking your life expectancy into account
- Personal losses, including diminished quality of life, physical pain, and emotional suffering
- Your family’s losses, including lost parental support and damage to relationships
Because these cases are so complex, we’ll often hire experts and specialists to help with the valuation process. Their expert testimony can also be important when the insurance company tries to downplay your injuries.
You should expect the insurance company to fight hard to avoid paying the full compensation you deserve. That’s because catastrophic injury cases tend to be high-dollar cases. If the insurer can convince you to accept a quick settlement, they can often avoid paying the full amount you deserve.
Can Shared Fault Impact the Value of My Personal Injury Claim?
Yes. Georgia is a modified comparative negligence state. If the insurance company can prove that you were at least 50% responsible for your injuries, you’ll be barred from seeking compensation. Even if you were less than 50% liable, your damages can be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault.
That makes it especially important to have an experienced attorney by your side. At The King Firm, we’ll work tirelessly to fight back if the insurance company is blaming you for getting hurt, so call for a free consultation today.
What Compensation Can I Recover for Catastrophic Injuries in Tifton, Georgia?
Victims of catastrophic injuries can recover two primary types of compensatory damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages compensate for your financial costs, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- In-home aides or nursing care
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Medical devices and medications
Non-economic damages attempt to compensate a victim for the subjective, personal losses they’ve suffered.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of your independence
- Loss of consortium
When you’ve sustained a life-changing disability, every dollar counts. You can trust our lawyers in Tifton to fight for the maximum compensation available. If the at-fault party’s acts were intentional or shocking, we also might seek punitive damages. These damages are awarded solely to punish the defendant.
How Long Do I Have to File a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Georgia?
You shouldn’t wait too long to take legal action. Although it can take time to put a fair value on your case, you only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in the state of Georgia. Once this statute of limitations expires, you’ll forfeit your right to sue for damages.
Depending on the facts, you could have more or less time. It’s never too early to learn about your legal rights, so call us today for your free consultation.
Contact a Tifton Catastrophic Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Are you or a loved one struggling with permanent or long-term injuries? Recovering fair compensation can make a world of difference to your future. Call The King Firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Tifton catastrophic injury lawyer today.
Tifton, GA Emergency Rooms
- Tift Regional Medical Center: Emergency Room – 901 18th St, Tifton, GA 31794
- Phoebe Worth Medical Center Emergency Room – 807 S Isabella St, Sylvester, GA 31791
- Dorminy Medical Center: Emergency Room – 200 Perry House Rd, Fitzgerald, GA 31750
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.