Multi-Vehicle Car Accident in Tifton, GA
Multi-vehicle car accidents are some of the most dangerous and deadly types of accidents on the road. They involve multiple vehicles, each traveling at high speeds, and can cause serious injuries or even death.
If you were in a multi-vehicle car accident in Tifton, GA, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney from The King Firm by calling (229) 386-1376. We can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
How The King Firm Can Help After a Multi-Vehicle Car Accident in Tifton
Multi-vehicle accidents can be particularly catastrophic, causing severe injury and death. If someone else was responsible for causing the accident, it shouldn’t be your responsibility to pay your medical expenses and other financial losses – it should be theirs. Hiring an experienced multi-vehicle accident attorney in Tifton, Georgia, will provide you with many benefits.
The Tifton car accident attorneys at The King Firm have almost two decades of combined legal experience. We will do anything to help our clients obtain the compensation they deserve; we have recovered millions of dollars through settlements and verdicts. We’re here to make this process as easy for you as possible so you can focus on healing.
Here’s why you should choose to work with us:
- Experience as a Former Insurance Defense Attorney: We know how the other side thinks. We know their strategies, and we know how to counter them.
- One of the most experienced civil trial lawyers in Georgia: With almost two decades of experience, we have the knowledge and expertise to get you the best possible outcome in and out of the courtroom.
- We offer free consultations and work on a contingency basis, so there’s no risk to you: You don’t have anything to lose by meeting with us. We’ll go over your case and let you know how we can help you, and if we take your case, you won’t owe us a thing unless we win.
If you’re looking for an experienced lawyer who will fight to get you what you deserve, look no further. Contact The King Firm today to schedule your free consultation.
How Common Are Multi-vehicle Car Accidents in Tifton, GA?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, car accidents are the leading cause of death for people ages 1-54 in the United States. There are millions of car accidents every year in the United States, resulting in millions of dollars in property damage and tens of thousands of deaths. Unfortunately, Tifton, GA, sees its fair share of car accidents as well:
- In 2021, there were four fatalities and 358 injuries resulting from car accidents in Tifton, GA. Of those injured, 15 injuries were considered serious injuries.
- In 2021, there were 851 traffic accidents in Tifton, GA, involving 1,635 vehicles, which means many of these incidents involved multiple vehicles.
- This is a significant number because of the small population in Tifton. If all people involved in the accidents were Tifton residents, this would be almost 10% of their population.
You deserve compensation for your injuries after a multi-vehicle car crash in Tifton. The King Firm can provide trusted legal advice and assistance; contact our personal injury law firm today to learn more.
Overview of Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents in Tifton, GA
A multi-vehicle accident is one that involves two or more vehicles. These accidents can be caused by any number of factors, but there are some common denominators that often lead to these types of accidents, including the following:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving has become increasingly prevalent in recent years thanks to the advent of smartphones and other handheld devices. If a driver is texting, browsing the web, or even just talking on the phone, they’re not paying attention to the road and are more likely to cause an accident.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is never a good idea. Not only is it illegal in all 50 states, but it also significantly impairs your ability to drive safely.
- Poor weather conditions: Inclement weather can make driving conditions more difficult and increase the likelihood of an accident occurring. If you must travel in bad weather, be sure to allow yourself extra time and drive slowly and carefully.
These are just a few factors that can cause an accident.
Common Injuries That Occur During Multi-Vehicle Accidents
Multi-vehicle accidents are some of the most dangerous types of accidents on the road. They often involve high speeds and can result in serious injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries that occur:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when your head is suddenly jerked forward or backward. The force of the impact can cause your neck muscles and ligaments to stretch past their normal range of motion, resulting in pain and stiffness.
- Broken Bones – Multi-vehicle accidents often involve high speeds, which means there’s a greater risk of sustaining broken bones in these types of accidents. Common fractures sustained in multi-vehicle accidents include fractures of the arm, leg, and ribs.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – A TBI occurs when your head is forcefully struck by an object or when your head experiences a sudden jolt or acceleration. TBIs range from mild (concussions) to severe (comas or vegetative state).
Whether or not the injuries you have sustained are mentioned above, our Tifton car accident attorneys can help you pursue a monetary award from the at-fault party.
Determining Liability in Multi-Vehicle Accidents
In any type of accident case, the key to determining liability is figuring out who was at fault. In a multi-vehicle accident, there may be multiple parties at fault. For example, one driver may have caused the initial accident, but another driver may have failed to yield or brake in time, causing a secondary collision.
In cases where there is more than one party at fault, liability will typically be apportioned among the parties based on their percentage of fault.
To use the example above, if Driver A caused the initial accident, but Driver B failed to yield, causing a secondary collision that wouldn’t have occurred had they yielded correctly, then Drivers A and B would both be liable for the damages.
However, Driver A would be liable for a greater percentage of the damages than Driver B because Driver A’s actions were more significant in causing the accident.
You Can Recover Damages Even if You’re Partially at Fault
Georgia uses a doctrine called modified comparative negligence when awarding damages in car accident claims. Under this rule, even if you are partially at fault for an accident, you can still recover damages, but your recovery will be reduced by your percentage of fault. In addition, if you are found to be 50% or more at fault for the accident, you cannot receive compensation under Georgia law.
For example, if you were 30% responsible for the accident and were awarded $100,000, you would take home 70% of that, or $70,000. And if you were 50% to blame, you would not receive any compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tifton, GA Multi-Vehicle Car Accident Lawyers
A multi-vehicle accident can be a very overwhelming experience. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident, it is important to consult with a personal injury lawyer. At The King Firm, we understand the complexities of these cases and will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
For help with your multi-vehicle car accident in Tifton, GA, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.