Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tifton, GA?
The Tifton Police Department reported 852 accidents in 2021. Some of those accidents involved hit-and-run drivers. Even though leaving the scene of an accident is against the law in Georgia, many drivers flee the scene without providing their information or waiting for law enforcement officers.
Our Tifton hit-and-run accident lawyers at The King Firm help victims recover compensation for injuries and damages. We have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients. Let us put our skills and resources to work for you.
How Our Tifton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Injured in a Hit-and-Run Accident
Hit-and-run accident claims are challenging. The hit-and-run drive might never be located. However, that does not mean you cannot receive compensation for your injuries.
Our founding attorney, J.L. King, has more than 16 years of experience handling personal injury cases. He has a 10.0 rating from Justia and has been recognized for his legal services by Super Lawyers. As a top-rated personal injury lawyer in Georgia, Attorney King fiercely advocates for injured victims and their families.
Here are some reasons why you need a lawyer after a hit-and-run accident in Tifton, Georgia; they will:
- Investigate your car accident to gather evidence proving you were not at fault
- File insurance claims and handle all communications with insurance companies
- Identify all sources of compensation after a hit-and-run crash
- Help you understand your legal options and the laws applicable in your case
- Follow up with law enforcement agencies to monitor their accident investigation
- Prepare and file all documents and paperwork for your case
- Evaluate the value of the case by documenting your damages
- Work with expert witnesses when necessary
- Aggressively advocate for top-dollar settlements and jury verdicts
Hiring a Tifton hit-and-run accident lawyer gives you the best chance of receiving maximum compensation. Call now for your free case evaluation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Tifton, GA.
Injuries Caused by Hit-and-Run Accidents in Tifton, GA
Hit-and-run crashes can cause severe injuries.
Common injuries sustained in accidents caused by hit-and-run drivers include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Nerve damage
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Loss of limbs and amputation
Seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries. Do not say you are okay or fine. That implies that you were not injured.
Delays in medical care can hurt your case. An insurance company might use the delay to allege that the accident is not the cause of your injuries.
Types of Damages You Could Receive After a Tifton Hit-and-Run Accident
Many factors determine the types of damages you recover after a hit-and-run accident. You could receive damages from the other driver if they are identified. You might also receive damages from your uninsured motorist insurance provider.
- Past and future lost wages
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Long-term skilled care
- Physical pain and suffering
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Disability and impairment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative care
- Diminished quality of life
- A decrease in earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
Georgia’s contributory fault laws apply in hit-and-run cases. Therefore, if you are partially to blame for causing the accident, your compensation can be reduced by your percentage of fault. Insurance companies try to blame victims for hit-and-run accidents, so always talk with an attorney before discussing the claim with an insurance adjuster.
Steps to Take After a Hit-and-Run Crash in Tifton, Georgia
The steps you take after a hit-and-run driver causes a crash could help or hurt your chance of receiving compensation in a personal injury case.
Things to remember after a hit-and-run crash include:
- Call 911 to report the hit-and-run accident.
- Make notes about the details of the crash while they are fresh in your mind, including a description of the car and driver.
- Collect evidence from the accident scene, including taking photographs, making videos, and asking witnesses for their contact information.
- Do not admit fault or accept any blame for causing the accident.
Contact a Tifton car accident attorney as soon as possible. The time to file claims could vary, so you don’t want to lose any of your rights by waiting to seek legal advice.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tifton Hit & Run Accident Lawyers
Being involved in a hit-and-run accident can be frightening and overwhelming. You might feel like you have no options but to pay for damages out of your pocket. Before you give up, call our Tifton hit-and-run accident attorneys for a free case review.