Distracted Driving Accidents in Tifton, GA
Distracted driving accidents in Tifton cause traumatic injuries and life-altering conditions for accident victims. Tragically, distracted driving accidents are preventable. Negligent and reckless drivers often cause these traffic accidents.
The Tifton distracted driving accident lawyers of The King Firm understand the devastation caused by distracted drivers. Our Tifton car accident attorneys have over 16 years of experience handling personal injury claims. We have recovered over $40 million in compensation for damages on behalf of our clients.
You should not bear the financial burden of an accident caused by a distracted driver. Instead, call our law firm at (229) 386-1376 for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident attorneys in Tifton, GA.
How Our Tifton Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a Distracted Driving Accident
Our founding lawyer has a perfect 10.0 rating on Justia and was named on the Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers. He is an experienced trial lawyer who has prior experience as an insurance defense attorney. At The King Firm, you can trust that you receive trusted legal advice regarding a personal injury claim.
When you hire our top-rated legal team, you can expect us to:
- Take steps to conduct an independent accident investigation to gather evidence of causation and fault
- File insurance claims and handle settlement negotiations
- Document your damages to determine the value of your injury claim
- Work with expert witnesses, accident reconstructionists, and medical specialists, as necessary
- Monitor the statute of limitations for filing personal injury lawsuits
- File a lawsuit and aggressively pursue your claim in court if the at-fault party refuses to negotiate a fair settlement amount
We are here to help you here in Tifton, Georgia. You do not need to try to handle a car accident claim alone while you recover from injuries. Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with our Tifton car accident attorneys.
Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents in Tifton
Thousands of people are charged with various distracted driving offenses in Georgia each year. In 2020, distracted driving accidents caused 3,142 deaths in the United States. In addition, distracted drivers injured thousands of other people.
Any activity that takes your focus off driving is a distraction. Common examples of distracted driving include, but are not limited to:
- Texting while driving
- Using a cell phone, GPS, or other electronic devices
- Eating or drinking
- Grooming and dressing
- Reaching for objects
- Taking care of a child or pet
- Engaging with passengers
- Focusing and looking at objects outside the vehicle
The victims can sustain life-threatening injuries when a distracted driver causes an accident. The economic and non-economic damages can be substantial.
Common Injuries Caused by Tifton Distracted Driving Accidents
The type and severity of the injuries depend on several factors, including the vehicles involved in the crash, vehicle speed, and the type of collision. However, common injuries that people sustain in a distracted driving crash include:
- Injuries to internal organs
- Fractures and broken bones
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Nerve damage and soft tissue injury
- Crushing injuries
Georgia is an at-fault state for car accidents. Therefore, if a distracted driver causes an accident, the driver can be held financially liable for damages. Drivers must have liability insurance for car accidents. Still, you can also file a lawsuit against the driver if the insurance does not cover your claim or the insurance company refuses to accept liability for the claim.
As the injury victim, you have the burden of proving that the distracted driver caused the accident and the accident resulted in your injuries and damages. If you prove your case, you can recover compensation for physical injuries, financial damages, and other losses.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Distracted Driving Accident in Tifton?
You can recover economic damages, including:
- Reimbursement of past and future medical bills
- Compensation for your past and future lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- In-home and long-term nursing and/or personal care
- Property damage and losses
- Diminished earning capacity
Georgia personal injury laws also allow accident victims to file claims for non-economic damages. These damages represent pain and suffering and include:
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Decrease in quality of life
The value of your distracted driving accident claims depends on the severity and type of your injuries. It also depends on the strength of your evidence.
How Can I Protect My Rights After a Tifton Distracted Driving Crash?
Steps you can take to protect your rights include:
- Call 911 to report the traffic accident
- Make photographs and a video of the accident scene with your cell phone
- Do not admit fault or apologize for the accident
- Ask bystanders and witnesses for their contact information and names
- Do not say you are not injured or hurt
- Seek prompt medical treatment
- Do not discuss the accident with an insurance company or claims adjuster without legal advice
Contact our law firm to discuss your case with one of our experienced Tifton personal injury attorneys as soon as you can. We help you take the steps necessary to recover the money you deserve after a negligent driver causes you injuries and losses.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tifton Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers
Proving liability for a distracted driving accident can be challenging. However, our lawyers are ready to help. Call us now to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Tifton car accident lawyer.