Most Dangerous Roads/Intersections in Tifton, GA
Car accidents occur throughout Tifton, GA. However, there are some intersections and dangerous roads where traffic accidents are more common. Negligence and carelessness of drivers are the most common cause of car accidents, but defective and poorly designed intersections and roads could contribute to the cause of a car wreck.
The Tifton car accident lawyers at The King Firm have represented car accident victims for over 16 years. We have recovered over $40 million for our clients in settlement agreements and jury verdicts. Our founding lawyer is a highly skilled negotiator and trial lawyer.
How Our Tifton Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After a Car Accident
Our founding attorney has a perfect 10.0 rating on Justia. He has been named to the Rising Stars List on Super Lawyers and is a long-time member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. We have the resources, experience, and skills to fight large insurance companies for the compensation you deserve after a traffic accident.
When you hire The King Firm to handle your car accident case, you can expect us to:
- Initiate steps to complete an independent accident investigation
- Analyze the evidence to identify all parties who could be liable for your damages
- Work with accident reconstructionists, financial professionals, medical specialists, and other expert witnesses, if necessary
- Document your damages and calculate the correct value for your damages
- File insurance claims and negotiate settlements
- Prepare and file a lawsuit to argue your case in court when the other party refuses to agree to a fair settlement amount
You do not have to handle your car accident alone. Our legal team is prepared to handle all aspects of your claim while you focus on healing from your injuries. Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced Tifton car accident lawyer.
What Makes an Intersection or Road in Tifton Dangerous?
Numerous factors can contribute to dangerous roads and intersections. These factors can increase the risk of an accident involving motor vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Factors that could make an intersection or road dangerous include:
- Poor design
- Lack of maintenance
- Malfunctioning or non-functioning traffic signals
- A design that allows pooling of water
- Lack of road signs and inappropriate road signs
- Confusing traffic signs and directions
You can reduce your risk of a traffic accident when approaching an intersection or traveling along a dangerous road by proceeding with caution and focusing on the road. Slow down and keep an eye on the surroundings. Avoid tailgating, and always use your turn signals.
These factors are out of the driver’s control. Government entities design, construct, and maintain roads and intersections. When dangerous intersection or road conditions contribute to the cause of a traffic accident, the government entity could be liable for damages.
Contact our law firm immediately to discuss your case with a car accident lawyer. The time to file claims against government entities for car accidents is extremely short.
Common Injuries Sustained in Tifton Traffic Accidents at Dangerous Intersections
The injuries you sustain in a car crash depend on several factors. The type of vehicles involved can impact the severity of injuries. For example, a large truck can cause catastrophic injuries to occupants of other vehicles.
The type of collision can impact the severity of your injuries. Head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and side-impact crashes can increase the risk of server injuries. As the speed of the vehicles increases, the risk of severe injuries increases.
Common injuries caused by car accidents in Tifton include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Crushing injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injury and nerve damage
Some accident victims sustain permanent disabilities and impairments. Those types of injuries increase the amount of damages because people often cannot return to work and might require long-term nursing and/or personal care.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Car Crash on a Dangerous Road in Tifton?
Georgia personal injury laws provide for compensatory damages for injured parties. Therefore, you can sue the at-fault driver for economic damages, including:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Medical bills and expenses
- Personal care costs
- Loss of income and benefits
- In-home nursing care and care in a nursing home or assisted living facility
- Cost of physical therapy and other therapies
- Diminished earning capacity
An accident victim can also recover compensation for their non-economic damages. These damages include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Impairments and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- A decrease in quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
It is crucial to document your damages if you want to recover the maximum value for a car accident claim. Our legal team can help and guide you regarding the types of documentation and information you want to keep regarding damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tifton Car Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a car accident at one of Tifton’s most dangerous roads or intersections, call our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Tifton car accident lawyer. We’ll fight to recover the maximum compensation available for your personal injury case.