Griffin Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Have you recently been hit by a car while riding a bike in Griffin, GA? You may have the right to recover a sizable monetary award for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering. The experienced Griffin bicycle accident lawyers at The King Firm are ready to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Our award-winning trial attorneys have over 16 years of experience and have won millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims and families in Georgia. Led by a former insurance defense attorney, The King Firm has the experience and resources that you’ll need to get top results in your personal injury case.
We’re here to help you during your time of need. Don’t hesitate to contact our law office, conveniently located in Griffin, Georgia, to arrange a time for a free initial case evaluation today at (404) 567-4546.
How The King Firm Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in Griffin, GA
After your bicycle accident, you’ll probably be left with a lot of questions. What caused the collision? Who’s at fault? Who is responsible for your medical bills and the damages you’ve suffered since the crash? What should you do if another party tries to blame you for your bike accident?
It’s hard enough to focus on recovering without these (and other) issues running through your head. But in order to get compensation from an at-fault party or insurance company, you’ll need the answers. Fortunately, you don’t have to try to get them on your own. Our Griffin personal injury attorneys can help.
When you choose The King Firm, you’ll have one of Georgia’s most experienced civil trial attorneys ready to take on insurance adjusters and negligent motorists on your behalf.
You’ll have the opportunity you need to rest and recover while our team:
- Investigates your bicycle accident to determine how it happened, why, and if it could have been avoided
- Determines who is at fault and may share financial responsibility for your damages
- Gathers evidence, including medical records, accident reports, witness statements, physical evidence from the scene, photographs, and more
- Works closely with leading accident and injury experts as we prepare, build, and value your bicycle injury claim
- Defends you against victim-blaming strategies that could hurt your chances of a full financial recovery
- Negotiates with other parties in an effort to secure the best possible terms in a settlement deal for you
Our personal injury attorneys will be more than ready to reject lowball offers and bring your case to a jury in Spalding County.
We’re here to help you make things right and move forward with your life after your Griffin bicycle accident. Call our law office to get started with your free consultation now.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Georgia?
According to the Georgia Department of Transportation, there were more than 5,800 car accidents involving bicycles in one recent decade. At least 4,482 people were injured and another 63 were killed in these bicycle accidents.
In one recent year, there were a total of 805 bicycle accidents reported statewide. That’s roughly 2.2 bicycle accidents in Georgia every single day. Research shows that these bicycle accidents happen most in urban parts of the state, including cities like Griffin.
What’s My Bicycle Injury Case Worth?
There are a lot of different things that will affect how much money you may be able to get after a bike accident in Griffin, GA.
- How old were you when you were involved in your bicycle accident?
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Are you expected to make a full physical recovery or will you suffer a permanent impairment?
- How has your ability to work and earn an income been affected?
- How have you been impacted psychologically by being involved in a bike crash?
- Do you share responsibility for your bicycle accident in any way?
- Did the bicycle accident aggravate any pre-existing medical conditions?
The more severe your injuries and the more your life is changed because of your bicycle accident, the more your related personal injury claim for damages is likely to be worth.
The only way to know for sure is to discuss your specific situation with an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Griffin, Georgia. Call The King Firm to set up a time for a free case assessment today.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Suffered Injuries in a Griffin Bicycle Accident?
This can include money for:
- Medical expenses (present and future)
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic physical pain
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket costs
Our attorneys will work closely with respected experts as we work to understand the full scope and extent of your injuries and pain and suffering. The more insight our bicycle accident attorneys have into how your life has been affected, the better prepared we’ll be to secure a full financial award on your behalf.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Griffin?
Any mistake, error, or poor decision can potentially cause a bicycle accident.
Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Distracted biking
- Drugs and alcohol
- Driving or riding too fast for weather conditions
- Road construction
- Inadequate or unsafe bicycle infrastructure
- Unsafe passing
- Unsafe lane changes
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Inexperienced riders
- Unfamiliarity with bicycle laws in Georgia
- Failure to signal before making a turn
- Vehicle or bicycle defects
We’ll carefully analyze your bicycle crash to determine every possible cause. Once causation is established we can move forward with a legal claim for damages against all liable parties. This might include negligent motorists, other bicyclists, government agencies, property owners, or even product manufacturers.
We’ll Be Here to Help You Get Compensation For All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
It’s well-documented that wearing a bicycle helmet can significantly reduce the chances of dying or suffering a severe traumatic brain injury in an accident. In Georgia, only cyclists age 16 or younger are legally required to wear a helmet while riding a bike.
And a helmet still won’t protect against other serious injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Burn injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Dental injury
- Eye injury and vision loss
- Hearing loss
- Trauma to the fingers, hands, and arms
- Trauma to the feet and legs
- Joint injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Nerve damage
- Wrongful death of a family member if a bicycle accident in Griffin is fatal
Always seek medical care immediately after getting into a bike accident. Prompt treatment can limit the likelihood of complications or infection. Additionally, your visit to the emergency room will help to document your injury and establish an important link between the crash and your trauma.
What is the Filing Deadline For Bicycle Accident Lawsuits in Georgia?
Georgia law provides that bicycle accident victims will have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Time starts to run the date of the bicycle accident.
If you lost a family member in a deadly bike crash in Georgia, you will have two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death claim.
There are some limited exceptions, like cases involving minors or the government. However, it could mean having less time to act – not more.
The important thing to know is that you lose the right to bring a claim and recover compensation if you allow the statute of limitations to expire. Call The King Firm for help as soon as you can after your bike accident. Our bicycle accident attorneys will be ready to help you assert your rights.
Can I Recover Compensation For a Bike Accident If I Share Fault?
Possibly – it depends on how much liability you share. Georgia is one of a handful of states to adopt a modified comparative fault system with a 50 percent bar to recovery. This means that you can recover compensation for a bike accident as long as you’re less than 50 percent at fault.
Once you share half or more of the responsibility for causing the accident, your right to damages in a lawsuit disappears.
Sharing some blame will also affect your financial award. Your damages will be reduced based on your negligence. If you’re 30 percent at fault, then your recovery will be reduced by 30 percent.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Experienced Griffin Bicycle Accident Lawyer
After a bicycle accident in Griffin, you shouldn’t let a negligent motorist or at-fault party off the hook for your resulting damages. You also can’t let an insurance company push you around and try to get you to accept less money than you deserve. Level the playing field by hiring an experienced Griffin bicycle accident lawyer from The King Firm.
We are award-winning, top-rated trial attorneys who are dedicated to getting you every cent you deserve. Contact our Griffin, Georgia law firm to discover why we’re the lawyers you’ll want fighting for you. Your initial case evaluation is free, so call now.
The King Firm – Georgia Office
3317 Fayetteville Rd. Griffin, Georgia 31794
Our personal injury law firm Griffin, Georgia also provides:
- Griffin Bicycle Accidents in Griffin, GA
- Child Injuries in Griffin, GA
- Catastrophic Injuries in Griffin GA
- Child Injuries in Griffin, GA
- Medical Malpractice in Griffin, GA
- Motorcycle Accidents in Griffin, GA
- Pedestrian Accidents in Griffin, GA
- Premises Liability in Griffin, GA
- Slip and Fall Accidents in Griffin, GA
- Truck Accidents, GA
- Uber & Lyft Accidents, GA
- Workplace Accidents, GA
- Wrongful Death, GA