Waycross personal injury lawyer
Has an accident in Waycross, GA, left you seriously injured? Is another party responsible for the accident? If so, you may be entitled to a substantial compensation award. The Waycross personal injury lawyers at The King Firm can help you recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other losses related to your accident.
Our founding attorney J.L. King II is one of the most experienced trial lawyers in Georgia — over 15 years of trial experience. We’ve recovered tens of millions for injury victims throughout the state.
Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with a Waycross injury attorney. We work on contingency, which means we don’t charge attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you first. So, there’s no risk in getting the representation you need.
Why Should I Hire The King Firm To Handle My Personal Injury Case?
You need experienced representation after an accident in GA. Your lawyer may be the difference between maximizing your compensation after your accident and getting less than you deserve. Or worse, nothing at all.
At The King Firm, our Waycross car accident attorney has a reputation as one of the top trial lawyers in Southern Georgia. We’ve recovered tens of millions for our clients, including frequent six and seven-figure awards.
Here are a few reasons why you should trust us with your case:
- Our attorneys have experience defending insurance companies (which means they have insight into how the insurer will handle your claim).
- We’ve been recognized by top legal organizations, including Super Lawyers, Justia (10.0 rating), and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
- We have experience handling extremely complex negligence cases.
- As a local law firm in Georgia, we provide you with small firm attention and big firm resources
Ready to learn more? Contact us today in Waycross, Georgia, to schedule your free case review with a member of our legal team. We’re standing by to take your call.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases arise after an injury. But not just any injury. An injury caused by the negligence (or carelessness) of another party. Negligence cases frequently arise after motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, workplace accidents, and other incidents.
Personal injury cases can also arise after other incidents that don’t result in traditional negligence claims. For example, if you were injured by a defective product or dog bite, your case might trigger strict liability. Alternatively, you might also have a claim if someone intentionally harmed you (known as an intentional tort).
The best way to determine whether you have a personal injury case is to consult with an experienced Waycross trial lawyer. Contact The King Firm today for help.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
There are many reasons you should hire a personal injury lawyer. The main one is this: an injury attorney can help you maximize the value of your claim.
The other reasons you should hire a personal injury law firm are:
- To level the playing field. You versus an insurer is not an equal fight. An insurance company has endless resources to fight your claim. They will leverage those resources to pay you as little as possible. Hiring an attorney levels the playing field and gives you access to your own key resources, including paralegals, investigators, and even expert witnesses. It also lets the insurance company know you mean business.
- To get experienced help. There are many hoops and hurdles during the injury claims process. It’s tough to navigate them without experience. An injury lawyer can guide you through the claims process, identify all avenues for recovering compensation, and look out for your best interests throughout your case.
- You’ll be blamed. Insurance companies like to blame the victim. They use this trick to try to pay you less. Under Georgia’s comparative fault rules, they don’t have to pay anything if they can pin 50% of the blame on you. An attorney can defend you of any accusations that you share fault for your accident.
- You need time to rest. After an injury, your priority should be your rest and recovery. The doctor has likely ordered it. But you can’t rest and recover if you are focusing on a high-stress, high-stakes personal injury claim. A personal injury attorney can handle all aspects of your injury claim while you focus on healing.
Ready to learn more about why you should hire a personal injury lawyer? Contact The King Firm to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Waycross.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim will offer you the best chance — if not the only chance — to recover compensation for your injuries after your accident. Most negligent parties won’t simply cough up a check to cover your damages.
Therefore, you’ll likely have to initiate a claim against their insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. You can then seek money for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
The good thing is that the insurer will likely have deeper pockets than the individual that caused your accident. Contact a personal injury lawyer to learn more about the benefits of filing a personal injury claim.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases
The King Firm is known for our extensive trial experience and our ability to take on even the most complex of personal injury cases. Our personal injury lawyers have recovered top awards in all types of injury cases.
We frequently represent victims after the following accidents.
Southern Georgia doesn’t have the traffic and congestion of Northwest Georgia, but it still has its fair share of car accidents. If you were injured in a car crash in Waycross, the at-fault driver may be responsible for your medical bills, lost income, and other losses related to the wreck.
However, you shouldn’t expect the driver or their insurer to fork over the money they owe you. You’ll have to fight to get the compensation you deserve. A Waycross car accident lawyer can handle all aspects of your car accident claim and help recover a favorable award in your case.
Motorcycles are a great hobby and a great form of transportation. However, they are smaller than passenger cars and can be hard to see on the road. That doesn’t absolve motor vehicle drivers from their duty to watch out for riders.
If a motor vehicle driver hit your bike, you may be entitled to substantial compensation. Unfortunately, insurance companies love to blame riders for their injuries. Our lawyers can hold the insurance company responsible for all your damages and protect your best interests at every stage of your case.
Trucks transport important cargo across the state of Georgia. But they pose a risk to passenger vehicles due to their size and weight. Usually, it is the occupants of passenger vehicles who suffer the worst injuries and damages in a truck accident.
If you were in a truck crash, our lawyers can help you hold the truck driver and trucking company responsible. We’ll look for evidence of their negligence and help you obtain much-need many for your losses.
Any accident can produce catastrophic injuries, from car accidents to slip and falls. But these aren’t like other injuries. They have a permanent impact on the way a victim lives and works. They also often require lifelong medical care.
That makes getting compensation for a catastrophic injury highly important. Our attorneys have extensive experience with catastrophic injury claims. We can help you pursue an injury case and recover the compensation you need to move forward.
No one wants to see a child get hurt. Still, children are involved in accidents and suffer injuries like anyone else. However, child injuries are especially concerning because they may affect the way a child develops.
If someone injured your child in an accident, you have every right to hold them accountable. The King Firm can help your family recover the money your child needs to get adequate medical treatment and regain a sense of normal in their life.
Uber & Lyft Accidents
Uber & Lyft offer a convenient way to get around. But rideshare drivers don’t receive special training. They have the same driving experience as anyone else. That means they are just as likely to cause an accident, especially when they are in a hurry to pick up or complete a ride.
If you were in a Uber or Lyft crash, you need legal representation. These crashes often result in complex insurance issues where no one wants to pay. We can help you evaluate your options and pursue the compensation you’re owed.
Southern Georgia has many different types of businesses and industries. While some are more dangerous than others, any employee can suffer a workplace accident.
If you were injured in a workplace accident, you will likely be entitled to workers’ compensation for your medical bills and lost wages. However, you could also be entitled to a third-party claim for additional damages if someone besides your employer is responsible. The King Firm can help you understand your rights and options.
Accidents have many unfortunate consequences. Some of those consequences are fatal. If you lost a loved one in an accident, you may have a wrongful death claim. Georgia law gives surviving family members the right to pursue compensation for their loss of support and companionship after their loved one’s death.
Wrongful death claims can be long and complex. Our attorneys can handle every aspect of your case while you focus on grieving and moving forward. Our goal is to help you obtain justice and financial stability after your loss.
How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
No lawyer or online calculator can tell you what your case is worth without knowing the facts. Your lawyer will need to analyze the circumstances of your accident, evaluate your losses, and identify avenues for compensation before they can truly provide you with an estimate of your case’s worth.
Nonetheless, there are a number of factors that will determine the value of your claim:
- The strength of your evidence
- Whether you share fault for your accident
- Available insurance coverages
- The extent of your past and future medical expenses
- The extent of your lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Your pain and suffering
- Your quality life after the accident
Complex cases might even require financial and economic experts to help quantify damages. Therefore, you should consult with a Waycross personal injury attorney to get an accurate estimate of the value of your case. The King Firm can help you track and measure the cost of your damages.
What Types of Accidents Are Personal Injury Accidents?
A personal injury accident can include all types of incidents that injure people. Most of these accidents occur due to negligent actions, but some are caused intentionally.
Some things that may result in a valid personal injury case include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Child accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- And more
If you’ve been injured by another party’s conduct, contact us today to discuss filing a personal injury claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Georgia?
Personal injury accident victims in Georgia have limited time to act after being injured. Georgia’s statute of limitations sets a deadline to file personal injury lawsuits. You only have two years after your accident date to file a lawsuit. If you lost a loved one in an avoidable accident, you have two years from their date of death to file a wrongful death case.
Some exceptions may apply. If you miss the applicable statutory deadline, you’ll forfeit your right to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Gathering evidence to prove the elements of your case can take time, so it’s crucial to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process?
All personal injury claims are different and may progress in various ways depending on the circumstances, but the general process is to:
- File an insurance claim with the appropriate insurance company, which will likely be the at-fault party’s provider.
- Gather evidence and investigate the cause of your accident. You need evidence to prove fault and value your damages. This will help you negotiate with the insurance company.
- Send a demand letter to the insurance company outlining your legal arguments and the extent of your damages.
- Engage in negotiations with the insurance company. There will likely be offers and counteroffers until a settlement is reached.
- File a personal injury lawsuit if you fail to reach a favorable settlement agreement.
- Settle the case or go to trial.
Most personal injury claims settle out of court, but our attorneys will be prepared to argue your case in a Ware County court if necessary.
What Damages Are Available to Waycross Accident Victims?
Accident victims in Waycross may be able to recover economic damages for their financial losses, including:
- Past medical expenses, such as ER bills
- Future medical expenses, such as ongoing physical therapy
- Lost earnings
- Diminished earning capacity
- Other out-of-pocket costs
You may also be entitled to non-economic damages for your personal and difficult-to-value losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Lost companionship
What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
If you’re partially at fault, you may still be able to recover damages as long as you’re not 50% or more responsible for the accident. Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence statute, you’re barred from recovering compensation if you’re 50% or more at fault.
If you’re below this threshold, you can recover compensation. However, your awarded damages will be reduced by your percentage of the blame. For example, if you’re 45% responsible for a car accident in Waycross, your awarded compensation will be reduced by 45%. If you’re 50% at fault, you will receive nothing.
If the insurance company or at-fault party is blaming you for your accident in Waycross, contact us today for assistance. This is a common tactic insurance adjusters use to undervalue and deny claims, and we know how to fight back to ensure you’re treated fairly.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they win your case.
If your attorney obtains a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf, they’ll take an agreed-upon portion (typically between 33-40%) of your awarded compensation. If they lose your case, you owe them nothing.
This fee structure allows you to retain an experienced attorney without worrying about how you’ll pay for their services. This is particularly helpful for personal injury victims who may be out of work while dealing with painful injuries.
What Is Negligence?
Negligence is the failure to use reasonable care, causing harm to another person. Whether a defendant was negligent in causing an accident is measured using the “reasonable person” standard. The defendant’s conduct will be compared to an ordinarily prudent person under similar circumstances to determine whether they are liable for the plaintiff’s damages.
Negligence can be an act or omission. It’s the basis of most personal injury claims, but intentional actions and strict liability can apply in some situations. Contact us today to discuss your accident and get the help you need to prove the elements of negligence.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
To prove negligence, you will have to demonstrate the following four legal elements:
- Duty of Care. Did the other party owe you a duty of care given the circumstances?
- Breach of Duty. Was the other party acting in violation of that duty of care?
- Causation. Were your injuries caused, factually and proximately, by the defendant’s conduct?
- Damages. Have you suffered harm due to the other party’s acts?
These elements might seem simple on their face, but in most personal injury cases, one or more of them will be in dispute. Our injury lawyers are experts when it comes to proving negligence, so call today for legal assistance.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a legal dispute between two parties in a court of law. The plaintiff in a personal injury case is the injured victim, and the defendant is the at-fault party. Not all personal injury claims will become cases; it is only once a lawsuit is filed that the situation evolves into a case.
The personal injury victim has the burden of proof in a personal injury case, meaning they must support their case for compensation with evidence. The plaintiff must meet the “preponderance of the evidence” standard, which means they must show it is more likely than not that their contentions are true.
Will My Case Go to Trial?
Most likely, your personal injury case will not go to trial. Most cases are resolved through settlement negotiations. These negotiations can begin before a lawsuit is filed. If the other party to your claim is not willing to negotiate in good faith, it might be necessary to file a lawsuit.
Once a lawsuit is filed, our attorneys will have access to the discovery process, which could reveal critical evidence to support your case. Sometimes, filling a lawsuit can induce the other party to begin negotiating fairly.
If the defendant is still not cooperative, it could be in your best interest to take your case to trial. But still, most cases that make it to court will not make it to trial. The King Firm is always willing to bring a case that far, however, if it’s your best option for receiving maximum compensation.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
Here are a few quick tips regarding what to do and not to do after a personal injury accident in Waycross:
- Stay at the scene and collect any available evidence if possible. If you flee the scene, it could hurt your case for compensation. You’ll need evidence to support your claim, so taking photographs and videos as well as obtaining contact information from any witnesses will be beneficial.
- Do not make statements of blame or apologize for the accident. The other side can use these kinds of utterances to reduce or negate your compensation claim.
- Receive medical attention and alert the authorities. Calling 911 will usually suffice for the latter. It’s important to receive prompt medical attention whether or not you have an apparent injury. Medical evidence will be crucial to proving your case, and sometimes injuries are not immediately noticeable.
You should also feel free to contact a personal injury attorney after an accident. A lawyer can offer you legal advice on how to proceed in order to protect your interests.
Who Could Be Liable For My Injuries After an Accident?
If you’ve been injured in an accident and it was caused by someone else, there is at least a chance they could be held liable and owe you compensation. A few examples of liable parties include:
- The other driver involved in a motor vehicle, bicycle, or pedestrian accident
- A property owner who fails to keep their premises in a safe condition
- A doctor who performs a medically negligent procedure
- The manufacturer of a defective product
- A governmental entity that negligently disregards its duties
If you are not sure of who could be held liable for the harm you’ve suffered, reach out to our law office. We can discuss this during your free initial consultation with a Waycross personal injury attorney.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
Every personal injury case is unique in its facts, and so each will take an indeterminate time to resolve. Some cases are resolved in just a few weeks, but others can take much longer.
A key factor that influences a case’s timeline is whether it reaches court or trial. Many cases are settled before filing a lawsuit is necessary, but in others, that’s the best course of action.
Cases that reach court will most likely take longer to resolve than those that do not. And if a case makes it all the way to trial, its timeline will almost certainly be extended.
When you hire The King Firm, we’ll be sure to keep you apprised of your legal options every step of the way. Our goal is to maximize your compensation award so that you can be made whole after your personal injury. We’re willing to file suit or bring your case to trial if that’s what’s best, even if it means your case will take longer to conclude.
Contact Our Experienced Waycross Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
If you’ve been injured in a personal injury accident in Waycross, you could have a case to hold the other party accountable and receive compensation. The King Firm is here to help you every step of the way.
We’re some of the most experienced, well-regarded attorneys in Georgia, with 16 years of combined experience and millions of dollars already collected for deserving personal injury victims. We are ready to put that expertise and reputation to work for you today.
Reach out to our Waycross personal injury attorneys today for legal advice. Our law firm offers a free, no-obligation consultation to review your case. Visit us at our law office.
Waycross, GA Hospitals
- Memorial Satilla Health – 1900 Tebeau St, Waycross, GA 31501
- Satilla Regional Senior Behavioral. – 1707 Boulevard Square A, Waycross, GA 31501
- Waycross VA – 415 Lott St, Waycross, GA 31501
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. And the information contained on the website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.