Tifton Cargo Truck Accident Attorney
Unfortunately, people in passenger vehicles have a high risk of catastrophic injury and wrongful death in collisions involving cargo trucks. A passenger vehicle is much smaller and weighs much less than a cargo truck. Therefore, a passenger vehicle cannot protect the occupants when the vehicle is hit by a large truck.
The award-winning Tifton cargo truck accident attorneys of The King Firm have recovered millions in compensation for our clients. Our founding lawyer has over 17 years of experience fighting to protect the rights of injured parties. We want to put our skills, resources, and experience to work for you.
How The King Firm Can Help You After a Cargo Truck Accident in Tifton
Cargo trucks are commercial motor vehicles. They carry heavy loads. Some trucks transport dangerous materials.
Negligence and other wrongdoing cause catastrophic accidents. The injuries can be life-altering for the victims. Our Tifton truck accident attorneys at The King Firm have the resources and experience to go up against large trucking companies to get you compensation for your damages.
Our lawyers have top ratings with numerous legal organizations, including Super Lawyers and Avvo. When you hire The King Firm, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cargo truck accident to determine how the crash occurred and who is responsible
- Gather evidence and document damages, including working with expert witnesses in the medical, financial, and trucking industries
- Handle all matters related to insurance claims
- Calculate how much your personal injury claim is worth and fight to get you that amount
- Aggressively and passionately represent your best interests during settlement negotiations and in court
- Provide sound legal advice and continued support and guidance throughout your case
Taking on large trucking and insurance companies alone is unwise. They have unlimited resources to fight your claim and prevent you from receiving the money you deserve. Hiring The King Firm evens the playing field.
Call now for a free consultation case evaluation with an experienced Tifton, GA, personal injury lawyer.
Why Do Cargo Truck Accidents Happen in Tifton, GA?
Cargo truck accidents occur for many reasons. Common factors that lead to cargo truck crashes include:
- Failing to secure the load properly
- Truck driver negligence, including distracted driving and impaired driving
- Improper lane changes and turns
- Overloaded cargo trucks
- Defective trucks or truck parts
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Fatigued and drowsy truck drivers
- Poor weather and road conditions
- Failing to follow state and federal trucking regulations
- Inexperience and/or a lack of training
Who the at-fault party is for a cargo truck accident depends on the factors that caused the accident. A truck driver, trucking company, truck manufacturer, another motorist, government agency, or other third parties could be liable for damages. We can identify all parties who contributed to the cause of the accident to increase your chance of maximum recovery for damages.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Tifton Cargo Truck Accident?
- Medical bills, rehabilitative therapies, long-term care, and personal care
- Loss of wages, benefits, earning capacity, and other forms of income
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Impairments, disabilities, scarring, and disfigurement
The trucking company and its insurance provider might try to shift some of the blame to you for the cause of the truck accident. If so, contact us immediately. The companies are trying to avoid paying your claim or reducing the value of your damages under Georgia’s comparative negligence laws.
Common Injuries Caused by a Cargo Truck Crash in Georgia
Cargo trucks cause horrific injuries. Common injuries accident victims sustain include:
- Severe burns
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain injury
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries. Delays in medical care can make it more difficult to prove the truck crash caused your injuries. See a doctor immediately and inform him you were involved in a cargo truck accident.
What Is the Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit for a Georgia Cargo Truck Accident?
Most personal injury lawsuits in Georgia, including cargo truck accidents, must be filed within two years of the accident date. If a family member dies, the family has two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Some situations result in exceptions to the two-year rule. It is best to talk with our lawyers as soon as possible after the truck crash to avoid missing the deadline to file a claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tifton Cargo Truck Accident Lawyers
Cargo truck crashes are different from other types of car accident cases. These cases involve catastrophic injuries, multiple parties, complex investigations, and other challenges.
You do not have to fight this battle alone. We are here to help. Contact our law firm to schedule a free case review with our Tifton cargo truck accident attorneys.