Waycross Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries resulting from a car accident in Waycross, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and mental anguish. Unfortunately, insurance companies and other at-fault parties won’t make it easy to get the money you deserve.
You need an experienced legal advocate on your side to negotiate on your behalf and fight against unfair insurance tactics. The Waycross car accident lawyers at The King Firm can help. Our legal team has over 16 years of legal experience, and we know how to advocate for victims in Georgia after devastating motor vehicle collisions.
We’ve recovered millions of dollars in insurance settlements and jury verdicts – and we’re ready to fight for you. Contact our law firm serving Waycross, GA today to schedule a free consultation.
How The King Firm Can Help After a Car Accident in Waycross, GA
Insurance adjusters are professional negotiators with one goal: to pay you as little as possible. That’s why The King Firm should be your first call after a car accident in Waycross.
Before representing accident victims, founding attorney J.L. King, II was an insurance defense attorney for a large firm. This experience gives him insight into how to obtain fair compensation for injured claimants.
When you hire our Waycross personal injury lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Handle your case from start to finish and communicate with you throughout the process
- Investigate what caused your collision, who may be responsible, and all avenues for compensation
- Collect evidence and consult leading experts to build a strong car accident claim
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to recover a fair settlement
- Advocate for you in court if the insurance company refuses to offer you the compensation you need
Many people believe that car accident insurance claims are straightforward. However, they can get complicated very quickly. It’s best to have an experienced attorney advocating for you in case you’re blamed for your accident or offered a lowball settlement. Schedule a free consultation with The King Firm today to discuss your wreck and get honest legal advice.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Waycross?
According to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), there were 687 car accidents in Waycross in 2021, resulting in 331 injuries and two fatalities.
This only represented about 0.18% of Georgia’s total crashes in 2021. GDOT reported 387,444 statewide collisions resulting in 154,280 injuries and 2,063 fatalities. However, the accidents reported in Waycross in 2021 accounted for nearly 58% of Ware County’s crashes, which totaled 1,189.
What Causes Most Car Crashes in Waycross, GA?
According to the crash data from GDOT, nearly 45% of all collisions in Waycross were caused by suspected distracted driving. Almost 11% resulted from impaired driving (confirmed or suspected).
In addition to distracted motorists and driving under the influence, other causes of collisions include:
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Inexperienced driving (e.g., young drivers)
- Fatigued drivers
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Unsafe or illegal turns, passing, or lane changes
- Poor visibility
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Defective vehicle parts
Hazardous road conditions, debris, and bad weather can also contribute to collisions in Waycross, GA.
How Much Is My Waycross Car Accident Claim Worth?
Because all collisions are different and accident victims suffer various types of damages, it’s difficult to give an exact figure without knowing the specifics of your case.
However, the following factors will help determine how much your claim is worth:
- The medical expenses and out-of-pocket costs you’ve incurred
- The severity of your injuries and how they impact your quality of life
- The pain and suffering you’ve endured
- Whether you share fault for the collision
- The available auto insurance coverage
- The parties involved in the car accident case
Contact The King Firm to discuss your car accident, injuries, and the compensation you can seek.
What Compensation Is Available After a Collision in Waycross, GA?
Waycross car accident victims may be entitled to economic damages for their monetary losses, such as:
- Medical treatment costs, including past and future physical therapy, surgeries, and home health care
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage
You may also be able to recover non-economic damages for your intangible losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
Punitive damages might be available to punish the defendant if they acted willfully, maliciously, or wantonly in causing the car accident. Call our car accident lawyers serving Waycross for help valuing the full extent of your damages.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation For All of Your Car Accident Injuries
A car wreck can leave you with minor cuts and scrapes or debilitating head trauma. No matter what type of injury you’ve sustained, The King Firm can help you recover the full extent of your losses.
Our Waycross personal injury attorneys have helped car accident victims who have suffered all types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Burns and road rash
- Seat belt injuries
- Chest injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Facial and eye injuries
- Lost limbs and amputations
- Catastrophic injuries
- And more
If you’re suffering from an injury or lost a loved one in a collision, an attorney may be the last thing on your mind. If you can’t come to us, we can come to you or arrange a virtual appointment. Contact our auto accident attorneys for help.
What If I’m Blamed For My Car Accident in Waycross, GA?
If someone is blaming you for your Waycross auto accident, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. Georgia operates under a modified comparative negligence law with a 50% bar to recovery – meaning you cannot receive any compensation if you’re 50% or more at fault for the collision.
As long as you’re less than 50% at fault, you can recover money in a Georgia car accident claim. However, your compensation will be reduced by your share of the blame. For example, if you’re 40% at fault for a crash, your awarded compensation will be reduced by 40%.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident in Georgia?
Negligence is failing to act with reasonable care, resulting in injury to another person – and it’s the cause of most car accidents. After all, most drivers don’t intend to collide with another vehicle or object; they are generally engaging in careless or reckless driving behaviors when a collision occurs.
To win a car accident case based on negligence, you must prove the following four elements:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care;
- The at-fault driver breached the duty of care by failing to drive cautiously or follow traffic regulations;
- The at-fault driver’s breach of duty directly caused the car accident;
- You suffered damages.
To prove these elements, you must gather evidence, which may include:
- The Georgia Motor Vehicle Accident Report or police report from your wreck
- Surveillance or dash cam footage of the collision
- Medical records and reports from your physician
- Photographs and video of the accident scene and your injuries
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert witness testimony and opinions
- Employment records and pay stubs to prove your lost wages
- Statements from your family, friends, and others regarding how your injuries have impacted your life
Our car accident lawyers will help you gather the evidence needed to prove negligence in your case. Call us today for a free case evaluation.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Ware County?
Most car accident attorneys in Ware County and throughout Georgia work on a contingency fee basis. You only owe them money if they secure a settlement or verdict in your favor, and they’ll take an agreed-upon percentage (typically between 33-40%) from your awarded compensation. If they don’t win your case, you owe them nothing.
A contingency fee arrangement allows you to retain legal representation without worrying about upfront costs. This benefits car accident victims who are out of work while dealing with high medical costs.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Georgia?
Car accident victims in Georgia only have two years from the collision date to file a lawsuit. If you lost a loved one in a fatal car wreck, you must file a wrongful death claim within two years of the date of death.
Investigating a car accident and gathering the evidence needed to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence can take time. Therefore, it’s crucial to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible so that they can get to work on your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Waycross Car Accident Lawyers
Were you involved in a collision in Waycross, GA? If so, contact The King Firm to speak with a compassionate attorney who knows how to negotiate with insurance companies to get the maximum compensation for accident victims.
Our Waycross car accident lawyers have secured millions of dollars for clients who have sustained injuries in debilitating motor vehicle collisions. Contact us to discuss the compensation you can seek after your car accident. We offer a free consultation, so call today to schedule yours.
Recent Blog Posts
Car Accident Resources
Waycross, GA Auto Repair Shops
- Waycross Auto Repair Inc – 1059 Alice St, Waycross, GA 31501
- Grady’s Auto Repair – 603 State St, Waycross, GA 31501
- Mack Deen’s – 806 Pearlie Bowden Dr, Waycross, GA 31501
- Davis Auto Repair – 700 Memorial Dr, Waycross, GA 31501
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. And the information contained on the website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.